Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May in Review ~ 2010

 

DSCF5240 April has been a very productive month, just not so much on the blogging front.  With the July like weather conditions that we’ve been having here in Toronto, being outside seems to have top priority.  We have planted a beautiful herb and vegetable garden on our balcony, along with some planters full of flowers.  I can’t wait to see if we will reap some tomatoes and peppers, even with our limited sun.

DSCF5241

My wonderful husband toiled over this lattice last weekend, which makes the balcony of our city apartment feel like we are away at a cottage up north.  I love that we have created another room for ourselves.  This is sure to be my favourite reading spot this summer.  I’ll be posting more pictures later in the season when the lattice becomes enveloped with ivy and climbing vines.

 

 

Even though I have been busy, I was able to complete a few book reviews this month:

Apologize, Apologize by Elizabeth Kelly (one down on the Irish Reading Challenge!)

Up in the Air by Walter Kirn

The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I’m pleased to have three entries this month for my feature, Friday’s Flick.  I made it out to the theatre to see:

Date Night with Steve Carell and Tina Fey

And caught two fabulous documentaries online:

Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days

The Story of the Weeping Camel

I was able to add more entries to the archives for my feature Savouring Sunday with the very delicious:

Barley and Lentil Soup with Whole Wheat Rolls

Lemon Bars

Multigrain Pizza

I scored big time for my book collection by taking advantage of some Chapters coupons, and of course had to share my findings with everyone in my Chapters Coupon = Book Shopping Spree! post.

I exuberantly joined another challenge this month, the Read the Book, See the Movie Challenge, and have already completed one of my titles for it by doing a joint review of both the book and the movie versions of Up in the Air.

As neglectful as I have been regarding awards, I finally put together a thank-you post for the four that I have received over the past couple of months.

All in all, I suppose I didn’t do too badly considering the amount of time I have spent away from my computer.  It would appear that I did an acceptable job balancing my activities.  I just hope that I’m able to keep it up for the rest of this gorgeous and sweltering summer!

I hope you’re enjoying nice weather wherever you are.  How did you make out this month?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a productive, well-rounded month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Julie.And lots of good books too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog - http://leeswammes.wordpress.com!

    I love your green balcony - hope you'll get some nice tomatoes and peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Julie and Darlyn, it was a great month. It goes well with your great balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie & Darlyn~ Thanks, it did turn out all right.

    leeswammes~ Thanks, I hope so too! It will save me some money at the market.

    Loni~ Thanks, my husband did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog here! Also your website loads up fast!

    With Thanks!
    Chapters Coupons

    ReplyDelete