Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thursday Challenge ~ WATER (Ocean, Lake, Waterfall, Ice, Rain, Wet Things,...)

Dale Hudjik at Spun With Tears hosts a Thursday photography challenge where a theme is announced, and then participants choose a photograph that they have taken relating to the topic and post it on their blog.  To link back to the post and add your blog to the list click here .

These photos are of the island of Kalymnos, Greece, which is where my husband is from.  We went to the island in August of 2008, at which time he proposed to me.  It was very romantic and a dream come true, especially after a 14 year relationship.  I guess good things do come to those who wait. ;-)

DSCN2265

I took the photo above as we were traveling to the highest point of the island. 

Click on the image to see it in full.

DSCN1947

This was a photo of the waves lapping up to the side of the patio we were sitting on at one of the ocean-view bars in Kalymnos.  You had to either walk an elevated plank around the edge of the building, or take off your shoes and walk through the water, to enter. 

Click on the image to see it in full.

7 comments:

  1. Nice clear shot from a plane window! I love the story that comes with this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! I would love to visit such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Violet~ I was actually in a car when I took that first picture. We were driving up the side of the mountain. It was a breathtaking cruise.

    Magiceye~ Thank you. It's not hard to take nice pictures of beauty.

    Charley~ Yes, isn't it.

    Vicki~ It was the trip of a lifetime. I'm so thankful to have made it there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! And, a waterfront table at a restaurant/bar is SO the best! Congratulations for the proposal after 14 years...wow, you are patient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carolyn. He is totally worth waiting for, but yes, I am patient! lol

    ReplyDelete