Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Non-Fiction Five Reading Challenge - 2010

nonfiction2010( Click on the button above to link to Trish’s original post for the challenge at Trish’s Books)

I attempted this challenge last year when I first started blogging, but as I’ve mentioned before, I bailed on the whole blogging thing after three months, and as such didn’t get the chance to complete it.

I’m happy to give it another shot this year, since I often feel that I don’t dedicate enough time to non-fiction. 

Below are my choices so far, but I may change my mind about these selections at a later date.

  1. What The Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell
  2. Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis (with Larry Sloman)
  3. See Jane Hit: Why Girls Are Growing More Violent and What We Can Do About It by James Garbarino, PhD
  4. Murder in Amsterdam by Ian Buruma
  5. The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan

5 comments:

  1. So glad you're joining us again! And it's all about fun--no pressures if you get too bogged down. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Pollan. Hope you enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed The Omnivore's Dilemma and have been more conscious of my food choices since reading it. If you end up reading that one, I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked audio version of The Omnivore's Dilemma. It makes you think twice about where your food comes from. Pollan's In Defense of Food was also very good. Have fun with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very excited about reading the Omnivore's Dilemma. I don't think I'll ever give up meat, but my husband and I have gone completely organic, from food, to makeup, to cleaners, et cetera, in the last six months. It's expensive, but totally worth it. We'll continue as long as we can afford to.

    Thanks for the encouraging words everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read the Gladwell and the Pollan, both excellent. I'm going to be joining this CHellenge too!

    ReplyDelete