Monday, April 26, 2010

Ireland Reading Challenge - 2010

 

Ireland_Reading_Challenge_2010_pic-1(Click on the button above to link back to CarrieK’s original post at Books and Movies, outlining the rules for the challenge)

I’ve decided to take the plunge and enter a reading challenge.  I attempted a couple when I was blogging last year, but after three months of dedicated entries I made an abrupt exit and consequently did not end up completing them.  So here goes another attempt. 

I love all things Irish.  I have Irish roots and was blessed enough to spend my honeymoon in Dublin, last year, which only enhanced my Celtic allegiance. 

Since this challenge is running through to November, and I still have a fair bit of time, I think I’m going to attempt to complete the Kiss the Blarney stone level, which is six books.

  1. Apologize, Apologize by Elizabeth Kelly
  2. The Country Girls Trilogy by Edna O’Brien
  3. The Commitments by Roddy Doyle
  4. The Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe
  5. Reading in the Dark: A Novel by Seamus Deane
  6. Hood by Emma Donoghue

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with this challenge. It should be easier to accomplish when you really connect with the books. A friend told me Ireland is the most beautiful place ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your reviews - these will all be new books to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to do this challenge too. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim~ Ireland is absolutely gorgeous. Eventually I will get to doing a couple of posts about my honeymoon, and will include some of the amazing photos.

    Carrie~ Excellent, thanks for doing the challenge.

    Diana~ So glad that you've entered too.

    ReplyDelete