Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's been a while

It's been almost a year since I made an entry to this blog. I suppose I could blame it on the fact that it has been a very eventful last 12 months; my wedding, a honeymoon in Ireland, a husband in the hospital for two weeks. Yeah, that's a lot.
And then there are the usual suspects; Christmas, New Years...life in general.

I can't accurately say that being busy is the only culprit for my inactivity here, though. If I think about it honestly, I fell into a self-imposed rut. I was having a great time posting reviews and sharing thoughts with some very artistic and intelligent people. I was going full force trying to read enough books to keep the daily book reviews coming, whilst reading through others' sites and attempting to become an active member in the blogging community. And then I burnt out.

I felt like I couldn't read a book just to enjoy it anymore. I was always thinking about the review I was going to write, and how many books I could squeeze in this week. That's way too much stress surrounding something that I consider to be my relaxation outlet.

I've decided to come back and give it another shot, however this time I'm not going to hold myself to such a high standard. I'm not a professional blogger, there is no need for me to have an entry every day. I'm going to post at my leisure; daily, weekly, monthly, whatever strikes me at the time.

I'll just have to be confident in the fact that those who find my posts interesting do not have the attention span of a fly (or maybe they do :-s ), and therefore won't forget about me if I'm not on their computer screen every day.

Glad to be back, all the same.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a lovely photo that is. Certainly does sound like a busy year for you. Hope the husband is OK now after the hospital thing.

    Finding the right balance with blogging is certainly hard. I find I have to stick to a slower pace than many others out there, and just concentrate on writing about what interests me, not on trying to become popular.

    The good thing is that if people like your blog, they'll subscribe in Bloglines or an RSS feed of some kind, so they'll see your next post even if it's a little while after the last one... So you don't have to feel any pressure to post every day, or even every week or month. Whenever you feel like it is good. Good to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrew, thanks for your support.

    My husband is doing great now, just had a bit of a scare after coming home from the honeymoon. We take the "in sickness and in health" vow seriously around here, it would seem, lol.

    I am going to take all of your advice and from now on blogging will be a pressure-free exercise.

    Glad you're still here and I appreciate your kind words. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peachy,

    Congratulations, what a stunning wedding photo! I hope you hubby is okay now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Teddy! Yes, the husband is doing well now.

    It's nice to find you still here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Congrats on your wedding!
    2) It's so wonderful to see you back! Recently two of the blogs I love very much which had been inactive for nearly a year have come back, in the same week no less! What a wonderful bit of news for this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amanda, thanks. I'm glad that you're still blogging away, and I look forward to catching up on your entries and reviews. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm not a big-league blogger either and read for pleasure. Balancing priorities reduces stress and brings a lot of peace. Enjoy your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kim. I am taking it easy and balancing myself a lot more gracefully this time around. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes you just have to sit back and let life be life. I got totally overloaded by book blogging as well and finally gave up the book blog and moved to blog where I can blog about all things and not have to worry about how many books I've read this week (none!) or this month (one?). Definitely enjoy and blog about what makes you happy!!

    PS--congrats on the wedding--that picture is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Trish! It sounds like you understand exactly what I'm talking about. Kudos to us on our new outlook and for not taking our hobbies too seriously, because really, they're supposed to be fun.

    ReplyDelete