Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Book Review - Acceleration by Graham McNamee

Home-grown talent

Acceleration is a surprisingly entertaining and fast-paced teen thriller, set in Toronto. The majority of the story plays out on the property of the Toronto Transit Commission, which makes the story that much closer to home for someone like me, who has been a TTC rider for over two decades.

Although a quick read, the content was notably substantive and lacked any plot holes. The character development for such a short novel was highly detailed, and I was impressed by McNamee’s insight into the mind of a deranged psychopath.

Due to violent content, although not outlandish, I wouldn’t suggest this novel be read by anyone under 13. It wouldn’t hurt to read the story with your teen so that you can give the “Don’t try this at home message,” and besides that, you’ll probably enjoy it.

4/5 Snakes

13 comments:

  1. my name is gary soman

    ReplyDelete
  2. this book is good although it is hard to do a project on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. at the starting of the book its pretty boaring but after the climax you wont stop reading this book. you should give it a try its one 210 pg so it easy and simple.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you desire to improve your familiarity simply keep visiting this
    site and be updated with the most recent news update posted here.


    Review my web site - graduate certificates

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome to go to see this website and reading the views of all colleagues regarding this piece of writing, while I am also eager of getting knowledge.

    My weblog :: Turkkontakt.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. always i used to read smaller articles or reviews which as well clear their motive, and that is also happening with
    this post which I am reading at this place.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog ... search engine optimization

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about wire shelving
    for closets. Regards

    Also visit my webpage - men's stuhrling original watches

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

    my blog http://thewarzwiki.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% positive. Any recommendations or advice
    would be greatly appreciated. Appreciate it

    my homepage ... http://www.me.gr/NicolasEa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Normally I don't learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to take a look at and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice article.

    Also visit my website; vestal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues
    with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to no data backup.
    Do you have any solutions to protect against hackers?


    My site men's armitron watches

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure exactly why but this blog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back
    later and see if the problem still exists.


    Also visit my website ... men's watches

    ReplyDelete