Monday, February 16, 2009

Book Review - The Diary of a Young Girl - Anne Frank

Inspiring and Courageous!

I recently picked up this book because my ten year old niece expressed interest in reading it, and I wanted to make sure that the content wasn't too graphic for her quickly diminishing innocence. I’ve come to the conclusion that Anne’s story would undoubtedly teach appreciation for the small things in life, a strong work ethic and the importance of a positive mental attitude. However, because this is a diary recording the thoughts of a young teenage girl, it also covers Anne’s discovery of her sexuality, her adversity towards her parents, mixed in with some spoiled-brat whining, these of course all being areas where a ten year old needs no help with advancement. I will be sure to pass the book on to her when she is about thirteen, when I’m sure she will better relate with Anne’s plight.

Ultimately, Anne was insightful, self-aware and very driven, and it is amazing to notice her continuing transformation into a mature young adult as the entries progress. I found her determination to be a writer very inspiring, and even though Anne’s young life was cut short due to the horrors of the Nazi party, her dream was still realized after her death through her diary.

3.5/5 Snakes

7 comments:

  1. Have you seen the movie the Pianist? That movie reminds me of this book. My second love besides reading is music and the Chopin piece where the main character does that peace is amazing and makes me appreciate the life I have been given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen the Pianist, but will do so if I come across it. Thanks for the recommendation. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post. I definitely love this website. Thanks!



    Review my homepage :: Www.Huberofen.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm planning to start my
    own blog in the near future but I'm having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for
    something completely unique. P.
    S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

    my web site ... spielen book

    ReplyDelete
  5. I every time spent my half an hour to read this website's posts daily along with a mug of coffee.

    Also visit my blog; books of ra kostenlos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Dear, are you truly visiting this website daily, if so afterward you will definitely obtain nice knowledge.



    my webpage - book of ra kostenlos testen (genabedar.xanga.com)

    ReplyDelete